Saturday 13 December 2008

Standing on the edge

I used to play a game on holiday in Maine New England where I had one foot in the sea and one on the sand, I called it 'standing on the edge of America'. Like the great wall of China I was standing on a point that could be seen from space. I think I got the expression from a sci fi book about standing on the edge of the universe. Well the caption stuck and I have used it many times. Now I use it in the metaphoric sense. 'Standing on the edge of the rest of my life' Many people like my brother in laws anonymous knew what they wanted to do when they are 18. For me it is at 54. I wish it had come earlier but there you go some of us take longer to work out where we are going than others. I should be thankful to have reached this age in sound enough mind to make such decisions. Many do not, Debby, my dear. Life can be a rocky road and you don't always choose the directions but I am thankful that I have been blessed with the chance to see my road and stand on the edge of my future. (I hope someone converts my blog into a book one day, it will hopefully make perfect (non) sense)

No comments: