Wednesday 29 October 2008

Woverhampton Wanderers

My hometown ( or home city ) now has a winning football (soccer) team. They are now six wins in a row and seem on a good run. Heck I don't even like the game but it's nice to be on the winning side for a change. I was in the Wolves shop the other day looking for christmas presents. I noted a book on Derek Duggan, he was the captain when I last lived in the city ( it was a town back then ). I flitted through the pages as one does and noted that he died of a heart attack a few hours after being down the pub with some buddies. Derek was a great guy, very active in the community and loved his town and team. He was also a good player from what I recall. I did not note his age at time of passing because I was cognisant of the shop assistants possibly expecting me to buy the book. But a tribute to him by me does not seem misplaced. Good one Doog !!

No comments: