Monday 20 October 2008

X Factor

             Copyright Anatoliy024
At the insistence of my daughter I have been told to update my blog more often. With due deference I will oblige. However I may have to change the name of my blog to something more all encompassing since this entry has nothing to do with travel !!
I am utterly hooked on X factor. I feel like I am at the equivalent of alcoholics anonymous but there is no help for it. I love the show. I watched a few episodes last year and was appalled but I now realise that what hooks you is seeing the finalists rise from nothing to boot camp to the final 24 and then the final 12. Now each week one act goes so by the time the winner is chosen near Christmas you have seen that act 15 times and it becomes personal. I won't tell you who I am rooting for this time but there are several acts that I will be sad to see leave. On a happier note, even the act that lost last week ( the first of 12 to go ) have a management company who have booked them, sight unseen, for performances at clubs at £150 per minute. So if they are careful they should be able to amass a tidy sum. 'Careful' means pay yourself first. Save for the future as well as enjoy the present, a mantra that has served me well and I can see all the groans from people to whom I have passed on this advice in the past.

*Thanks to Anatoliy for the terrific photo at Wikimedia Creative Commons

1 comment:

heather-in-italia said...

A dad through and through! Perhaps you should send them each a letter with a little bit of "pay it forward" advice. By the way, you are an excellent writer, dad - I would dedicate more time, if I were you, to sprucing up the look of your blog so that more people will be drawn to it.